Explore the Wollongong Region in Nature Abounds Lake Illawarra.
Korrongulla Wetland is a series of inter-connecting lagoons and wetlands that flow into Lake Illawarra. Wollongong Botanic Garden had a birdwatching paradise annexe at Primbee, accessed from Nicolle Road off Windang Road. It takes about 20 minutes to walk around the waterway.
Korrongulla is a freshwater wetland. Regular residents in the wetland include the Little Grebe, Australian Pelican, Little Pied Cormorant, White Ibis, Black Duck, Australia Pipit and the Dusky Moorhen.
Best time for birdwatching at Korrongulla Wetland is Spring and Autumn. Large variety of migrating birds arrive wetland including rare species in the Illawarra such as the osprey and the Baillon's crake.
Bed and Breakfast Special
Accommodation & Hot Buffet breakfast in the restaurant for 2 adults $171More Special Offers
- Relax in Our Wollongong Accommodation Rooms
- Accommodation Near Wollongong for Group Travelers
- Book Direct and Save on Wollongong Accommodation
- Wollongong Head Lighthouse
- Grand Pacific Drive
- Nan Tien Temple
- Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Great Rates Wollongong Accommodation Comfort Inn Fairways
- Popular Spot for Picnics Near Comfort Inn Fairways Wollongong Motel
- Wineries and Breweries in NSW South Coast
- Family Friendly Accommodation near Wollongong